Sunday, September 5, 2021

EPL : What Thomas Tuchel told me about playing for Chelsea first team – Trevor Chalobah

 


Chelsea starlet Trevor Chalobah has revealed what manager, Thomas Tuchel told him about becoming a first team player at the club.

The youngster said he was surprised when the German gaffer told him he was going to be staying with the first team this season.

The youngster was a surprise inclusion in Chelsea starting line-up against Palace in their Premier League opening fixture.

The 22-year-old spent the last three seasons on loan at Ipswich, Huddersfield and Lorient.

He was widely expected to be sent out for a fourth season with Chelsea having several experienced players in the same position.

“I spoke to the manager between the Palace and Arsenal games and he told me he wanted me to stay, so I moved over to the first-team building that week,” he told Chelsea FC.

“It was a nice feeling when the manager told me. He spoke to me after training and told me how well I’d done, that I’d taken my chance in pre-season and in the games.

“He said he thinks I can be a good asset to the team and learn from the other players and support them.

“Even until the day he told me I didn’t really believe it would happen. Even after the Super Cup, I thought he’d probably want me to go on loan.

“After the Palace game it was a bit half-and-half, but until he pulled me into the office and gave me the news I couldn’t really believe it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

https://saviournicodemus.blogspot.com

BIAFRA NEWS

BIAFRA NEWS : What my father taught me about Biafra and my heritage

  Biafra is a dream that haunts me – it was a dream that was on the cusp of being realised and yet failed so painfully,’ recalls Ije Ajibade...

BIAFRA NEWS