Skip to main content

Entertainment, Why I left Nigerian politics – Actor, Jim Iyke

 

Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has said he ended his political career to avoid selling or compromising his soul.

The actor, who joined the Young Democratic Party when he began his political career in 2014, made this known during an interview with BBC Igbo on Friday.

According to him, Nigerian politics is a dirty game characterized by violence, rigging, bribery, corruption, and other manipulations perpetrated by politicians.

“I tried doing politics but what I was required to compromise was almost like selling your soul. I’m principled.

“The day my people summon me to serve, then I come out. If there’s a jungle on earth, it’s Anambra politics. It’s a different game,” he said.

The actor further said he does not want to be a puppet in the hands of any godfather, fearing that the game could consume him in the long run.

“I know that if I foray into politics, it’s either it consumes me or I get what I want.

“However, I don’t want to be desperate or have a godfather play me around like a puppet. I don’t want to stain myself,” Iyke added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nnamdi Kanu Sends Important Message To IPOB Members From Detention

    The detained leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, has sent an important message to his followers over the Biafra movement. The embattled separatist according to one of his brothers, Prince Kanu Meme, has asked his disciples to trust and comply with directives from the Directorate of State (DOS). Boasting his belief in the separatist movement’s administrative structure, Kanu said “I’m DOS and DOS is me”.  Naija News understands that the DOS, headed by diaspora-based Chika Edoziem has been contending with authority issues since Kanu’s arrest in Kenya in June 2021. It has been observed that IPOB is in disintegration following Nnamdi Kanu’s rearrest and detention. The present situation of the Biafran movement can be likened to that of sheep without a shepherd. However, Kanu in a conversation with his sib...

Judge transfers Nnamdi Kanu’s motion to CJ for reassignment

Judge transfers Nnamdi Kanu’s motion to CJ   on   September 15, 2025 By   Matthew Atungwu   Justice   Musa Liman of the Federal High Court in Abuja, on Monday, sent back to the Chief Judge, CJ, a motion filed by Nnamdi Kanu,  leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, for reassignment.      Make money online with cheelee Kanu, in the motion ex-parte, is seeking an order of the court transferring him to Abuja National Hospital for urgent medical attention. Justice Liman, in a short ruling, made the order transferring the case file back to the CJ, following an application by Kanu’s counsel, Uchenna Njoku, SAN, considering the fact that the annual vacation of the court would be ending The Department of State Services (DSS) lawyer, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo, SAN, did not oppose Uchenna’s application. Earlier, upon resumed hearing in the case, the judge hinted that there was no time anymore for the vacation court to decide Ka...

Lay down your weapons, embrace path of peace – Ohanaeze tells Simon Ekpa’s supporters

  News Lay down your weapons, embrace path of peace – Ohanaeze tells Simon Ekpa’s supporters Published   on   September 4, 2025 By    Saviour nicodemus john The apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has asked the supporters of imprisoned.  Simon Ekpa to lay down their weapons and embrace the path of peace for the betterment. Ohanaeze also expressed profound gratitude to the Federal Government of Nigeria for its relentless efforts aimed at alleviating the pressing security challenges facing the Southeast.   Wanna just watch short videos – and get money for it? Join Cheelee right now and get your $3 bonus! Enjoy watching and get up to $10 in 3 days with no investment. Cheelee users already get about $1000 every month! Join via link, and start getting money since the first minute! My link: https://r.getlee.co/r/3141ef373d The Igbo pan group hailed the significant milestone represented by the incarceration of Simon Ekpa in Finland, wher...